TITLE: Logistics Officer – Team 2
STATUS: Full Time/Part Time
REPORTING TO: Logistics Team Leader
LAST UPDATE: December 2017
Kinokuniya Bookstores of Australia is the largest retail bookstore in the Asia Pacific region. Located in the heart of Sydney CBD, we pride ourselves in being the largest bookstore in Australia with expansive space and specialized departments spanning from Comics to Art and Design.
To work as a team in Logistics 2 and to assist Team leader and Department Manager in the running of the day-to-day basic operation of the Logistics department with the aim of meeting pricing targets, managing inventory whilst adhering to OH&S Policies and Procedures. Responsibilities may alter subject to urgency and discretion of Team Leader and/or Department Manager.
- Adhering to company policy and procedures
- Verify incoming and outgoing stock control
- Liaise with couriers, subcontractors and freight carriers
- Receiving, unpacking, pricing and sorting of stock
- Shrink wrapping
- Ensure pricing process is followed
- Find and Report any discrepancy while unpacking and pricing
- Setting up in-store event
- Supporting team to achieve set tasks
- Ensuring stock is delivered to the sales floor in a timely manner and with minimal damage
- To maintain record of receipts and invoices to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Manual handling work
- Complying with all OH&S policies and procedures
- General housekeeping of area and stations
- Ad-hoc administrative duties
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Attentive to detail with high accuracy in inventory control and management
- Efficiency and productivity in handling incoming and outgoing stock
- Accuracy in verifying and pricing stock
- Working efficiently within a team
- Comply with all OH&S policies and procedures
Please complete an application form (from counter or website) and attach your cover letter and resume. You may submit your application at the Kinokuniya cashiers counter or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must have permission to work in Australia (please state your Visa Status in your application, e.g. Australian Citizen, Student Visa) and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.